Google
 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dia Mirza on her link ups

Hyderabad's diva Dia Mirza is bitter about media linking her with each and every male in the showbiz.
In an interview given to Hindustan Times , she talks on different things.
On media bashing
No, I didn't do media bashing. True I did speak on the media but there was no bashing as such. I said most of the time the information that is published is an extracted part of an extended story. The seminar was on mass communication and its repercussions and influence on society.
I gave the example that on a particular day, the news of the death of our ex-PM Chandrashekhar was covered by a section of the press on Page 3.. while the front page had the speculated kiss between Ronaldo-Bipasha Basu. I also said that it is not media's fault but ours because we subscribe to such information they feed us with. It is a vicious cycle. I spoke about the honest and unbiased reporting by some senior journalists. All this was ignored.. it was only reported that I bashed the media.
On weirdest fan
A young man came to Mumbai from London and signed me for an endorsement. I even did a press shoot for the product. He paid me the agreed sum and vanished into thin air. There has been no news from him for a year now. So, I haven't touched his money. I'm still trying to figure out if he was a fan or what?
On Marriage
I'm 25. I'd like to get married eventually. I don't want to be involved in just affairs or relationships. Which girl would? Now if I go out with someone, it will be because I want to spend the rest of my life with him. If a man offers me that, I'll be with him. Otherwise, sorry I'm not interested.
On her link-up with Sanjay gupta
The one with Sanjay Gupta shocked me. We share a professional equation. After Shootout at Lokhandwala, I will be doing more films with White Feathers.. because they are making many films.
It's irritating when you read that I'm getting close to someone to get work out of him. How sick is that! Honestly, I can't stand being linked with men who are married or who are in a relationship already.
courtesy:HT

No comments: