Google
 

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sajid Khan the director

We all loved him on TV. We laughed our heart out when he tore apart each and every movie on TV shows. He's Sajid Khan. And the good news is he's directing a movie. The bad news is he's not going to tear his own movie apart! But hopefully he will sportingly accept all the criticism when his movie Heyy Babyy premieres! In an interview given to Hindustan times, he talks about his movie, his passion and his personality.

ON direction?
It’s very tiresome. You have to be a coordinator. Being a director just doesn’t mean writing a script, talking to actors and taking shots. There’s much more involved — you have to mediate between egos, make sure everyone is comfortable, take care of your crew, always liven up the sets with your jokes. I decided nobody was going to have lunch in their vans and everybody sat together and had lunch under the same roof. Initially there was a bit of resistance, but later everybody started doing that. And being a director means answering 100 questions a day, out of which 99 of them you don’t have an answer to. But I still have to answer them so perfectly that sounds convincing.
On debuting with a comedy!
The reason it is a comedy is that my name is synonymous with comedy. I have tried to keep it very Chaplinesque where the humour has a reason and takes the story ahead. If I were to compare it, I would like to do it with Munnabhai. It’s a comedy, which will also make a tear roll down your eyes. It has a message, but not as dramatic as the one in Munnabhai. The message is simple —don’t treat women badly all the time and not all men are bastards. My job is to make an entertaining film. I believe that it’s a big crime for a maker if you can’t make the audience enjoy your film.
On the title track of Heyy Babby, which
has all the bollywood heroines.They all are my friends and it was the title track. They all agreed to come on a one-month notice. You know it’s a big budget film, the most expensive comedy film ever made. Its budget is Rs 42 crore.
On his personality
I am not funny by nature. In fact I am a very serious person, very reclusive. I don’t like parties. What you see on TV is a paid job. What you see is not exactly what you get. I sit at home for days. I don’t like being in the limelight. I am on the job only because I need a job. If there were more money driving a truck, I would drive a truck. Talking without a script comes naturally to me.
On being single
As soon as you find me a girl my friend I will marry, but she has to share the same passion as I have for films. And she has to be intelligent. I can’t share the rest of my life with someone who doesn’t love movies.
Courtesy:HT

No comments: