Google
 

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Big B hates B word, Bollywood!

Amitabh Bachchan was at his patriotic best at a press conference in New York ahead of 'Bachchan Sandhya' - an event which pays tribute to his father, poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan. And the Big B took the opportunity to wax eloquent about Indian culture and traditions.
"I think that what is missing in Western culture is traditions. In our culture it dictates almost every younger generation to look after the older generation. These are some of the values and many, many more values that I learned from my father, it would take a very long time to describe them," said Bachchan.
Well, lots to be learnt from the Bachchan Parivar. And if you really wish to emulate Mr Bachchan you dare not use the word Bollywood.
"I don't like the word Bollywood. I think it is very demeaning to our Hindi film industry. I've always strongly opposed it because I think that it almost sounds like an abuse every time it is used," he said.
That’s not all, the erstwhile ‘angry young man’ had more to say. “I think that the Indian cinema and India itself has a lot of qualities which are conquerable to the very best in the world, I would rather want to find out today when does Hollywood wanting to come to India, rather than the other way round."
That’s a good question? Meanwhile, New York is already taking notice as the Big B read his father's poems to a sold-out crowd at the famed Lincoln Center on Saturday evening.
Courtesy:buzz18.com

No comments: