Google
 

Friday, August 3, 2007

Rakhi Sawant says she's true Gandhian

What is the similarity between Rakhi Sawant and Mahatma Gandhi? If the item girl is to be believed, her entire life revolves around Gandhian principles. And if you find it difficult to digest, then you better have a close look at what Rakhi Sawant has to say about her fascination for Gandhi.

The item girl, who would next be seen in a comedy flick Buddha Mar Gaya, believes that she belongs to a rare breed that has the 'qualities' of Mahatma Gandhi.

Says she, "I am a true Gandhian. Gandhiji once said: 'Bura mat suno, bura mat kaho aur bura mat dekho'. I am born with these qualities. I don’t bitch about anyone, I never have any interest in other’s dirty linen and I can’t see people doing wrong and be quiet."
"I speak the truth. That’s why people don’t like me. They think I am arrogant. But one quality that brings me closer to Gandhiji is the ability to fight against injustice. You remember how I grounded Mika when he kissed me. It was a true example of Gandhigiri."

"I don’t let people take me for granted."

Mahatma Gandhi's influence on this item girl's life can be traced from her childhood. Rakhi maintains that when she got to read about Gandhi during her school time, she vowed never to fall for bad habits like smoking and drinking.

Says she, "I have never ever tasted wine. I don’t smoke also. I think I followed Gandhiji’s principle all through my life. I must say that my interest in Gandhiji has made me what I am today. I have learnt to be vegetarian from him. I believe in the principles of non-violence."

Rakhi says that she has a mission to fulfill in this country like Gandhiji. "Just as he fought to free this country from British, I want to free this country from corruption. This is my ultimate aim," says Rakhi.

On being asked how her item dance is on the line of Gandhian principles, she says, "Item dance is not a crime. It’s an art and I pursue it with a vanity. it’s takes a lot of hard work to perform. Gandhiji also believed in working hard."
Courtesy:HT

No comments: