Google
 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Marigold director Willard Carrol loves Bollywood

Willard Carrol is the director of Salman's Hollywood movie, Marigold. Willard Carroll's love story with India started four years ago when he landed in Chennai for personal work. He sat and watched Salman Khan's Chori Chori Chupke Chupke. A director, producer and scriptwriter, Carroll was determined to meet the hero with a script. And he did come up with a script soon and Salman was bowled over by the script and Marigold happend. Here Carrol talks about Salman and the movie.
On India
India is one of the reasons for making Marigold. I wanted to spend as much time in India as possible. We shot in Vancouver only for three days. The rest of the movie was shot in India with an Indian crew and almost an all-Indian cast.
On Salman Khan
He is terrific but an underrated actor. He is easy to work with. He's instinctive and natural before the camera
On the character 'Prem'
It was a conscious decision to name his character Prem. I've seen quite a few of his movies. The name he told me is reserved to certain types of roles. In Marigold, his performance comes closer to some of his earlier ones. He also found it a good omen.
Hollywood or Bollywood?
The movie is for an American audience. They don't know what Bollywood is. So, I made a behind-the-scenes story. It's an affectionate tribute to the movies here.I've seen over 100 Bollywood films. My favourites are Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Black, Khamoshi, Dil Chahta Hai and Lagaan. Sanjay Leela Bhansali is immensely talented. I would like to work with the other Khans too. Ditto Amitabh Bachchan. His was the only name I was aware of before I came to India.
courtesy:HT

No comments: